Issue after node restore

Hi there,

After backing up and restoring a node from one provider to another, I’ve got he following error from Secnodetracker:

“Too many configuration values changed at once. Reconnect not allowed. Only change one at a time.”

As far as I now, the only change is the machine IP, host name and stake address remain the same.

Any idea how to solve this ?

Thank in advance.

Well, the problem solved itself… however, the new ip does not reflect on securenodes.eu.zensystem.io.

Will wait and see if it updates later.

Seems like I still got a problem. It may be linked to the stake address issue I repported in another post.

Any help appreciated…

Unfortunately that’s not something i’ve run in to - suggest posting in our #securenodes channel in Discord, the guys there will know what to do.

I’m getting the same error after having to rebuild my securenode from scratch:

2018-01-14 18:36:53 GMT – Not authenticated yet. Node not in servers list or node is still initializing.
2018-01-14 18:36:53 GMT – Incorrect nodeid 1798 sent with config update. Please check config
2018-01-14 18:36:53 GMT – Too many configuration values changed at once. Reconnect not allowed. Only change one at a time.

No one on discord seems to know how to resolve this. Hopefully someone can post the solution on here for others.

@psyrax

I followed this guide to begin with, but I am still getting the errors.

We discussed this today in Discord didnt we?

Yes we did. It would be nice to get some eyes on this from the administrative side to see if a manual update can be done for instances like this. It’s been over a week now since my server has been down and there is nothing I can do but wait. I know it’s not much, but I’ve lost an entire week of payouts and who knows what’s going to happen to my queued up payouts once the node is removed.

Since I’m not following (yet) the discussion on discord, any chance I get a recap here ?

Anyway, we need some way to manage this kind of scenario.

The issue is that my securenode crashed so I had to re-build from scratch. My machine is local, not in the cloud. Unlike moving a virtual server from one VPS to another, my IP address and FQDN are the same, so my check is failing. It appears that the check is looking for something other than just the nodeid, so I’m left to assume that it is the t-address, which in my case is different because I was not able to backup my wallet. When I try to run node app.js, I get the following errors:

2018-01-14 18:36:53 GMT – Not authenticated yet. Node not in servers list or node is still initializing.
2018-01-14 18:36:53 GMT – Incorrect nodeid 1798 sent with config update. Please check config
2018-01-14 18:36:53 GMT – Too many configuration values changed at once. Reconnect not allowed. Only change one at a time.

So at this point, there is not much that I can do except to wait for my server to be removed as a securenode for inactivity. It has been over a week and I am still waiting. I was hoping that an admin on the zencash side could manually update the database to either remove my securenode or to update it with my new t-address or whatever else is needed for my new securenode to re-connect.

Devman was able to confirm in discord that I am screwed. Unfortunately, the securenode that I built cannot be modified, so without having the backup of my wallet, it is not possible to rebuild this particular node with the same certificate. I don’t know why this is a limitation, but the dev team should re-consider the requirements to rebuilding a securenode.