[Proposal] Funding the latin american Free software conference in Cancun

FLISOL or Festival Latinoamericana de Instalacion de Software Libre, is an installfest based on free and open source software. The event happens on a certain day across latin america.

There are nearly 2000 events that day, and is broadcasted through youtube and other social networks.

(1) $50 USD Transportation and promotion
(2) $100 USD Sodas and water
(3) $250 USD Bounties (volunteers)

Here is a video on the Argentinan TV talking about FLISOL:

Thanks for the help JZA!

Hi, I’m ONeZetty, from Cancun, Mexico. I been part of the crypto community “Bitcuners”, some of our member are an important Zencash member and been in contact with this project since the beginning.

I been usung Zencast since some weeks and realy like the proyect.One part of the my activities is support communities of tecnologhy and make events in benefites of the people that it needs.

One of the best event we develop is the FLISoL. I been organized the FLISoL for the last 5 years and the next edition will be April 28, 2018. Let me tell you more about the FLISoL: (Take it from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLISOL)

FLISoL an acronym for “Festival Latinoamericano de Instalación de Software Libre” (Latin American Free Software Install Fest), which is the biggest event for spreading Software Libre (Free Software / Open Source) since 2005, performed simultaneously in different countries of Latin America. In 2012, more than 290 cities from 20 countries of Latin America participated on a FLISoL.
This festival is an opportunity for all those people interested in know more about Software Libre. Getting involved makes it possible to get in touch with the world of Software Libre, meet other users, resolve doubts and questions, exchange opinions and experiences, attend to informative talks and others activities.
The objective of the FLISoL is to introduce Software Libre by its most known representative: Linux; or by installing Software Libre like LibreOffice, GIMP, Firefox and many more. During the event, operating systems or other free alternatives are installed for free to people who want to on their computers.
Also, talks are given along with papers and workshops about local, national and Latin American topics related to Software Libre and its movement.
Is important to know, that the object itself is to create a link and promote migration between the users (newbies and advanced) and Software Libre.

You may know that piracy is a big problem in Latin America because the opportunities to buy proprietary software are limited, so this event is important because we promote libre software, free to use, download and free to be distributed. It was because the FLISoL that I use LINUX and that I knew about Bitcoin.

Why do we need the Zencash Sponsorship?

The promotion of the event, the bounty for the staff, tips for the volunteers that will help and food and soft drinks for the assistants.

What do we need?

• (1) $50 USD Transportation and promotion
  • (2) $100 USD Sodas and water
  • (3) $250 USD Bounties (volunteers)

Total: $400 USD, 10 ZEN at the moment of write this post.

What is the benefit for the Zencash community?

Besides all the Zencash fundaments to help the community, we will help to organice a 20 minutes conference about Zencash to the attendees of the FLISoL.

Official web page of the FLISoL: https://flisol.info

Links of the past events (Spanish):

I will be happy to attend your question and feedback.

¡Muchas gracias!!!

Hi JZA and OneZetty! could you please send me an email to [email protected] with the specs of the funding you are asking ?

Since I’m the Latin American Country leader I can help you out with this to see how we can work things out together.

have a great Sunday!