Transferring Zen from node to Swing wallet

Hi folks,

While finalizing my first node I inadvertently sent some Zen from my wallet to the node’s private address rather than the staging account in my wallet. Man that turned out to be a trial! I found the following on Reddit:

Sending ZEN from t-address to z-address (replace t-address with the sending address, and z-address with receiving address).
zen-cli z_sendmany “t-address” "[{“amount”: 1, “address”: "z-address\”}]
Sending ZEN from z-address to t-address (replace t-address with the sending address, and z-address with receiving address).

Could NOT get that to work, and reviewed the JSON syntax to see if I got anything wrong, using this site for reference: https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_json_syntax.asp No go. A closer look at the string on Reddit shows that the quotes before the closing brace were the wrong type. Replacing them got the string to work. The Reddit excerpt is shown below:Man was that a trial! I found the following on Reddit:

Sending ZEN from t-address to z-address (replace t-address with the sending address, and z-address with receiving address).

zen-cli z_sendmany “t-address” "[{“amount”: 1, “address”: "z-address\”}]

Sending ZEN from z-address to t-address (replace t-address with the sending address, and z-address with receiving address).

Could NOT get that to work, and reviewed the JSON syntax to see if I got anything wrong, using this site for reference: https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_json_syntax.asp No go. A closer look at the string on Reddit shows that the quotes before the closing brace were the wrong type. Replacing them got the string to work. The Reddit excerpt is shown below:

zen-cli z_sendmany zcTHE_Z_ADDRESS_WITH_YOUR_COINSSQPKHm “[{“address”:“znTHE_T_ADDRESS_OF_YOUR_WALLET2”,“amount”:0.9999}]” 1 0.0

Replace 0.9999 with how many coins you want to send

Thanks, Justinjja. That’s what I ended up doing. Please expand on the 1 and 0.0 for those needing to resort to this. Thanks for your help.

Are you saying you sent it to the wallet for your own node? If so, should be in that node’s wallet and easily recoverable. I could just be totally misunderstanding the issue :slight_smile:

Hi FinPunk,
Yep, that’s exactly what I’m saying :-). I was able to navigate the syntax once I a Western quote mark with the accepted quote, ". Thereafter it was quite easy. Thanks for reaching out.

Cool glad it worked out! Always a bit of a pain nav’ing the CLI interface, but fun nonetheless!