Zen.conf Example

I believed I done most of secure node setup at 1 and 2, however got stuck at the zen.conf. Can anyone help on this?

Within the zen.conf:

addnode= IP address , — Can I assume the IP address of the secure node? From the instruction, the “peers”, which peer?

connect= IP address, Same as above?

rpcuser and rpcpassword — Where I can create/seup the user and password? at zencash site?

rpcallowip — Which IP address? My secure node ip address? My server is with public IP address, any security concern?

Hi there,

At the very basic configuration you need the following:

rpcusername=somethingRandom
rpcpassword=Somethingreallycomple3x
rpcport=18231
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
txindex=1
logtimestamps=1
tlskeypath=path/to/your/ssl/key
tlscertpath=path/to/your/ssl/cert

addnode= and connect= are not needed to get you up and running

Thank you! I modified the file base your suggestion. When I run the zen-cli getinfo,
it show as follow:

“version”: 2001051,
“protocolversion”: 170002,
“walletversion”: 60000,
“balance”: 0.00000000,
“blocks”: 0,
“timeoffset”: 0,
“connections”: 0,
“proxy”: “”,
“difficulty”: 1,
“testnet”: true,
“keypoololdest”: 1516412449,
“keypoolsize”: 101,
“paytxfee”: 0.00000000,
“relayfee”: 0.00000100,
“errors”: “WARNING: check your network connection, 0 blocks received in the last 4 hours (96 expected)”

What could be the problem? Can you help?
I also check the node list at testnet, my node is not in the list. It is running on a VPS with no firewall enable yet (will be enable once I got some response) and it is on a public IP.

You’ll always get this warning the first time that you run zend. Do you get it still if you stop zend and restart it?

Hi there, ChiensNode. You’re going to get that message until your node has synced with the entire blockchain. The blocks counter is the current height of the blockchain, and you can compare it with the height here: https://explorer.zen-solutions.io/ Compare your block counter with the height in the web site’s title bar (left of the QR code) and you’ll see if you’re current. Once you’re current that message will go away.

Sync time depends most on your Internet connection’s speed.

NOTE: Your configuration file has testnet as true. That should be false as the nodes are now on mainnet. Comment out the testnet line with a leading #, so it says #testnet=1. Hope this helps.